(Formerly known as the Seniors Agenda for Independent Living—SAIL)
The Metro ElderCare Development Partnership is a collaborative initiative of the Metropolitan Area Agency on Aging; MN HomeCare; Aging Services Minnesota; Care Providers; and the Counties of Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, and Ramsey. The partnership’s mission is to: “reshape the long term care system in the Metro area, making more community options available and accessible to older adults.”
The Metro Area EDP works towards its mission by bringing together consumers and providers of senior services interested in participating individually or working in teams on identified strategies. Current strategies are working towards:
- Fostering relationships with health plans and primary care providers as they prepare to implement care transition models for their older adult populations.
- Identifying resource development opportunities within communities that are engaged in preparing for their aging population.
- Expanding evidenced-based health promotion programs into underserved areas within the 7-county metro region.
- Working with providers of sensing, telehealth, and other technologies to expand the array, availability and utilization of these services into an older adults home.
- Assisting providers of older adult services to become sustainable through consultation, technical assistance, and training.
Similar partnerships have been established in every region of the state. View ElderCare Development contacts.